Old November 5th 03, 04:04 PM
SMK

Default fetal echocardiagram today

wrote:

I go in for my final fetal echocardiagram today.. Everything was fine in the 18 week check up but
some things like coarctation are hard to see that early to I am having another fetal echocardiagram
today. Since I have one child with a heart defect the chances of this child having a heart defect
is 2.5 percent.. really not much.. still higher than my chances of have a baby with downs at the age
of 36. I declined the triple screen (did not want the worry) and the amnio (did not want to risk
M/C) so they want to do this echo today.

No way I would have an abortion no matter what the results... But on Sunday I will have a "legally
viable fetus".

I'm at 23.5 weeks today. I have a feeling this is really mostly being done so the doctor can make
money. I overheard him using the phrase "Cash Cow" as I walked past a meeting they were having in
the lobby on October 1st. It had nothing to do with me but still it was not the nicest thing to
hear a doctor talking about. I was not sure I was going to go at all but I forgot about the
appointment until yesterday when they called to remind me so with no time to fret about it and a
last minute ride set up with Para transit, I am going to go.

It will be nice to see the baby if nothing else.

S CHD Webring owner and
Mom to M 6 years old
(BAV, COA, 3 VSD, PDA, PVC's)
Surgery at 2 weeks and 18 months
THRIVING!

Good luck and I hope everything works out great!

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)