Old October 29th 07, 11:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default Mark this Indiana Story in the History of Journalism.

"arabella via FamilyKB.com" u38656@uwe wrote in message
DB wrote:
"arabella" u38656@uwe wrote in

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]

My question to you is why are you against child support?

Who said I was against child support?

I don't believe in the large amounts of Child support that the government
demands people to pay!
There needs to be a dollar amount ceiling on actual cost.

How would you like being forced to pay 50% of what you take home each
week?

I do agree that there should be a limit as to how much a person is
expected
to pay. It should go by how much money they make.

How would you like being forced to pay 50% of what you take home each
week?

I can't answer that because it has never happened to me. I think parents
spend more than 50% of what they make on their children.

The child rearing expenditure data says otherwise. The Betson 2006
Estimator used for setting CS guideline amounts detail total household
expenditures in intact families. That data shows the average expenditures
are - one child 25%, two children 37%, and 3 children 44%.

But don't confuse the percentages of total child rearing expenditures with
CS amounts awarded. Because most states calculate CS based on before tax
gross incomes and use a pro-rata share calculation methodology. It is not
unusual for an NCP father to be forced to pay close to 50% of his after tax
income.