Old April 15th 04, 10:48 PM
Larissa

Default Induction for Polyhydramnios

Nancy P wrote:
"Larissa" wrote in message
m.au...

With my first pg. I was induced at 9 days past my due date. I had

polyhydramnios, I was induced, but it failed. The baby was not engaged
and never descended. I was given a c-section.

With excess fluid the baby has more room to move, perhaps it is less
likely to be in the optimal position for birth.

Larissa

Thanks Larissa. Wow, you must have been very large, having polyhydramnios
and being overdue. Were you very uncomfortable? I am...not just the weight
stuff but my skin is painful to the touch.

Nancy

My baby was also 9lb 10oz! Yes, I was very uncomfortable, stretch marks
galore and 44lbs of extra weight, mostly out in front. I ended up in
tears in my last appointment and agreed to try an induction. In
hindsight I wish I had waited till labor began on its own, even if it
took a week longer.

Perhaps your skin is painful because it is stretched so much. I am not
sure. It feels like forever but the last few weeks of pregnancy DO end
and when you look back on it the whole pg seems to go quickly.

I hope you go into labor around your due date.

Larissa