Old December 16th 03, 07:47 PM
Doan

Default Help Eliminate an Instrument of Child Torture

On 16 Dec 2003, Greg Hanson wrote:

I don't have a "warning screen" and I
don't have a secret site on the WWW.
I have newsgroup postings, and I
recieve E-mail. 'nuf said.

Then what was all that crap you spewed
about a honeypot?

It's just another one of Kane's puffery to show his "mastery" on the
subject. Anyone with basic knowledge of computer security will tell
you that if you have a honey-pot, YOU DON'T ADVERTISE IT! The purpose
of the honey-pot is draw hackers away from your critical servers and
to learn their hacking techniques.

What Kane is doing to trying to sound knowledgable on subject he has
very little knowledge of! I got a laugh the last time he said he
did a "traceroute" on a hacker!

"Oh, much much more than that, child. A couple of dozen traceroutes
with considerable results when I explored further on owners, with the
help of sys admins and their records."

Like the saying: It's better to keep one's mouth shut and have people
think that you are stupid than to open one's mouth and removed all doubts!
Kane's mouth is wide open! ;-)

Doan