Old March 31st 05, 02:37 AM
Kent

Why the FK is this crossposted to alt.support.childfree? We don't have a dog
in this fight, and never will.

"Cloaked" wrote in message
SNIP

Take a look at child access interference. Were that prosecuted to the
same extent that child maintenance is prosecuted, heck we'd have kids
growing up without parents, because both Mom and Dad would be in jail.

Hmm... man cheats on woman. Woman runs him down in the parking lot of
the hotel where he was having sex with his mistress. Woman pleads "but
you can't put me in jail, the children will be without a parent."

I am sure that arguement has been made somewhere at sometime!

Interesting that you immediately pull a stereotype in your example - a
very negative stereotype about men!

It never occurred to you that lots of women cheat on their husbands
and then divorce them AND take them to the cleaners???

Want to see if your example is nuts?? Reverse the genders and you will
immediately see how crazy the argument is!

So... let me ask you... are you responding the way that you are
because you're a man in that situation or because you think it's fair
for everyone to be put in jail for not supporting children? Do you
really think that this is "either/or" or is there another option
wherein people actually support their own children and don't run out
on payments *OR* children?

So you are accusing him of being a cheater? Rather presumptuous,
wouldn't you say? Sounds like something a femminist lawyer would come
out with.

I'll tell you what I think, I think that when the custodial parent -
usually the woman - interferes with court ordered access of the
non-custodial partent - usually the man - that the offender should
spend an automatic 7 nights in the crow-bar hotel. No exceptions. No
excuses. No trial. No appeal. Automatic done deal. 2nd offense?? 14
nights. 3rd offense??? 30 days. 4th Offense??? loss of custody.

Before you cry fowl and say it is so unfair, consider the "punsihment"
that a man may receive for "non-payment":

Cancellation of Passport
Loss of Drivers License
Imprisonment
Criminal Contempt Charges
Fines
Garnishment of wages
Revokation of Business License
Revokation of Professional Status
Loss of right to vote

The list goes on...

Sorry, from where I sit women do not undergo these indignities. And
when a woman choses to interfere with access, it is done so with
virtual impunity.

Why the onesided party???? Why should not women enjoy the same
persecution and prosecution as men??

Don't like it? How about telling your local politician to lighten up
of the "dead beat dad" crap - because that is all it is - crap. It is
spewed from the mouths of politicians because it sounds good to women
and the sole purpose is to garner part of the vote - it has nothing to
do with facts, reason, or justice.

The best option is to balance not just the laws, but the
implementation of those laws. Justice must not only be done, it must
be SEEN to be done! To balance, either women must suffer as men do, or
men's lot must be lightened to the same level that women are privy to.

Which would you prefer??