Old March 31st 05, 03:50 AM
Rambler

'Kate wrote:

I don't understand how you don't understand but maybe the person to
whom I'm responding will get it. He seemed intelligent. Let me take a
stab at explaining this to you. The above case is the danger in
generalizing one incident to all people. Not all women are murderers.
Not all men cheat. That was my point. I guess you blinked.

Well, actually Kate, I didn't get it either, which is why I didn't
respond to your post. Your post to me was all over the place ...
somewhat confusing actually, so I guess I am not intelligent.

One thing I will respond to in your previous post is your point about
why *all* men seem to only speak about personal experiences. The reason
why I added the word personal to the experiences is to keep it tame.
from my conversations with married and divorced friends, from my reading
and basic research, the same point comes up again and again and again.
But I can only speak from what I *personally* know.

BTW, the above case was fact. It did happen. The case above was fact.
She killed *and* then plead for mercy because her children were made
orphans. Ironic, huh?

Point?

It never occurred to you that lots of women cheat on their husbands
and then divorce them AND take them to the cleaners???

Don't make me roll my eyes at you.

Here's where the whole thing cheapens, IMO. Bringing eye rolling is a,
what, passive aggressive putdown. It also conjurs up the image of the
poor female, at least to me.

Men have also been known to throw away the stay-at-home wife for a
more interesting, younger, career woman. See? There *are* two sides.
I'm looking at them. You aren't. What is going on is that you're so
use to fighting women that you can't see your way around the issue.
I'm a woman; therefore, I'm taking a side; therefore, I'm wrong. Am I
getting your point? If so, I think I will roll my eyes at you.

I didn't see Cloaked say that you were wrong. I saw him say that your
position was wrong. There is a difference. He might have been
gregarious in his choice of words, but he was, I think, focusing on the
position. In fact, his comment about how you or people should go to
their politicians and tell them to stop mouthing the "Beat Dad Dead"
homily I think underscored that point.

Btw, rolling your eyes cheapens that argument, in my opinion.

Rambler