Old October 24th 03, 01:23 AM
David desJardins

Default A bit of a vent :-)

Lori writes:
When I lived in Sunnyvale, I worked in Palo Alto as a nanny for two
families. They each had one child that were 6 months apart in age. I
took them out almost daily for a walk and I got comments all the time
asking if they were twins and saying 'double trouble' and all that.
These people didn't block our path and drill me with questions for 5
minutes. But I did get quite a lot of comments.

Are you saying people completely ignored you? Or you just didn't get
asked several intrusive questions?

Sure, some people notice us. People ask, "Are they twins?" and they
say, "You must have your hands full," stuff like that. So far, it's
always struck me as "friendly conversation" rather than "intrusive
questions." I don't ever remember being slowed down, or inconvenienced,
by strangers, as some people complain happens a lot to them. Don't
recall any rude questions either, although there might have been a
couple that I just shrugged off. I recall more disapproving looks from
people who don't like one aspect or another of how I handle the kids
(usually giving them too much rope in a store, something like that)---
but those people don't tend to go as far as to actually say anything,
and anyway, I'd probably get just as much of that with non-twins.

David desJardins