Old November 6th 03, 09:49 PM
Gini

Default What is the legal case for repaying arrears?

"Mike Hasemann" wrote in message
om...
I'm completely clueless when it comes to this stuff
so I need some good input.

My girlfriend was paying support and then went to court to get
it reduced because she was going to school.
They reduced it a little bit but now I found out
she is in arrears on 2 months of payments
(the time from when she quit her job til
the reduction hearing) because
she claims she was told that it would be
retroactive and would be waived until she finished school.
Fact is that 1) it wasn't completely waived and 2) it wouldn't have been
retro even if it had been.

But my question is how much of the arrears is she
going to have to come up with immediately?
Because basically whatever it is, that means
I will have to come up with it immediately
as she isn't working and I'm footing the bill
for all of it right now.

==
That should have been addressed in the order. Have you seen it?
Usually, a small arrears payment is added to the monthly support amount.
==
==