Old July 25th 05, 03:33 PM
Barbara

-L. wrote:
Is there any real data about what kind or brand of shoes are best for a
competent but young walker? DS is 18 mos and has been walking for 8
mos. Most of the shoes I see have velcro which I am not too thrilled
about, and many seem stiff and or clunky (fashion over form). Is there
a brand or style I should look for?

He has Robeez and Bobux for inside - I need a substantial shoe for
outdoors, since it is wet here most of the year.

TIA for any input,
-L.

Stride Rite? Elefanten? Naturino? Most make fairly flexible shoes for
kids that age. (A podiatrist friend always recommends Payless for kids'
shoes. I'm a bit fanatical about One's shoes and have never done it,
but I throw it out there for consideration.)

Just curious as to why you don't like velcro. It serves the same
purpose as a tie in giving the shoe a more *personalized* fit, but
doesn't come untied (which in turn leads to tripping or shoes coming
off), and is easier than ties to open wide for easier foot insertion.
Its a savior for us with One's wide feet.

Barbara