Old September 18th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

Default Runnin from Custodial Parent

"Very Determined!" wrote
"Gini" wrote:

==
Well, what would you do if someone was threatening to take your house?
I don't know who advised you to put a lien on his house but it wasn't a
smart move. Is he paying any support now?- Hide quoted text -

I conferred with an attorney in my state as well as in his, and DA's
office legally cannot do it...I guess lawyers do not always have the
right answers! And no, still no support, because supposedly he is not
working...like I told him before McDonald's is always hiring...his
child still has to eat and live whether he has a job or not! So the
arrearages keep adding up.

==
Have you tried reasoning with him rather than chastizing him?
Have you given him the option of providing direct support such
as clothing, food, whatever the child needs? My ex didn't pay CS but he paid
for my fuel oil, bought the boys bikes, school clothes and whatever else
they needed--
sort of the way parents do before a split.