Old December 5th 07, 04:51 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Am I hurting my child by putting her in daycare at 22 months?

On Dec 4, 5:00 pm, "Stephanie" wrote:
"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in ...

many full time working parents spend so much time getting through the day,
get the day done... that they never got to know their children. Best of luck. It is a difficult thing to work out. But YOU have the only
skills, knowledge, loving care to decide what is right for your family. So
keep that confidence with you no matter what you decide.

You make an excellent point here. Even more that children's need for
social interaction with other children, I would argue that children
desperately need consistency. And while it is unfortunately true that
good childcare is scarce, we would always choose to raise our children
differently than other people. I believe that this is why it is so
easy to find parenting flaws within others, rather than in ourselves.
We will always be the best care providers available to our children.
But YOU have the only
skills, knowledge, loving care to decide what is right for your family. So
keep that confidence with you no matter what you decide.

I would have to agree with this statement. Ultimately, you are the
one who your children entrust to make the best decissions for them.
And again, keep that confidence that your children look to you for
that. The best option for your family could be to leave your children
with a grandparent while you work, or to leave your child at a day
care center with other children.

My advice to parents who are seeking a child care provider for their
children, talk with the other parents of the children at the center.
Ask them about why they trust the provider or any concerns they might
have. Ask about noticing appropriate or inappropriate disciplinary
actions. Try to be as educated and informed about a program as
possible. Make sure you make strong, educated decissions that you
know with confidence that you will want to stick with. Because, from
my experience, consistency is the key to raise children that trust.