Old November 6th 04, 07:07 PM
Daye

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:45:45 -0600, "Nikki" wrote:

Mum of Two wrote:

Yeah, and here, if you said, "I want my baby circumcised", they'd say
"You want him WHAT? Oh, you want his head circumference? Here it is."
Or something to that effect.

Would a doctor do it for no medical reason?

Yes. However, in Melbourne, I was told by a midwife that there is
only one doctor who will perform it. It isn't covered by Medicare, so
you have to pay for it out of pocket.

If there is a medical reason, it is covered by Medicare. Religious
reasons: I would assume would be out of pocket too. I guess it is
whatever the person performing the religious ceremony charges. I know
some Jewish people here in Melbourne... maybe I should ask them.

--
Daye