Old March 10th 07, 01:21 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

Default dyslexia testing

On 9 Mar 2007 13:15:17 -0800, "
wrote:

At what age do they recommend testing for dyslexia if there are
symptoms? My almost 4 year old writes a few letters and numbers
backwards and says some words backwords (kitchen/chicken etc). At what
age should we stop assuming this is because the kids are still
learning and exploring their fine motor skills and vocab skills? I'm
not at all worried about this right now. I want to know at what age I
should pay more attention to this and get an evaluation.

Thanks.

I would not worry at 4. Most teachers would say this is normal up
until the age of 6 or 7.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits