Old December 17th 04, 10:10 PM
Kane

Darryl wrote:
Chris wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/cddugan/ReportCard.htm

Those who have traumatic issues about corporal punishment in

childhood
should use discretion. This sound file can be extremely upsetting.

Chris

I'm curious when people feel that if something upsets us physically,

it
must be evil.

I guess you don't real?ly want to address his caution then. What made
you think he meant physically?

You see this often when pro-life protesters hold up pictures of
abortions.

Yes. That's true. It does tend to produce a viseral response in one.

They could hold up pictures of knee surgeries & I'd get just as
nauseated.

I see, you weren't thinking about other's responses, only your own, and
those tend to manifest physically. Okay.

But I don't go around marching to ban knee surgeries,
because I don't like how they look....or sound.

You have found someone "marching" over the sound file of the spanking?
Odd, it's far more likely you will see spankers, that have gone over
the limit, marching in protest against those that caught them.....child
protection agencies.

I'm not claiming this is the only reason people use to prove

something
is wrong, only that it isn't a very relevant one. Something may be
shocking, unpleasant, nauseating.....and still be totally desirable &
necessary.

Ah, now we get to the area that is debatable. Would you mind pursuing
this further by presenting your arguments for the desirability and
necessity for spanking, or other ways of applying corporal punishment?

I hope there will be something new and creative. In the life of this ng
so many bogus arguments for it have been shot down that I believed
there were no new arguments in favor...so I keep trying to come up with
some variations on old ones.

In fact my latest, only a few months old, might interest you.
Enthusiactic Child Spanking advocates and supporters have been known to
claim they, and parents, know their child best, so can best judge, not
the state through law or other means, the limits of pain, impact,
humiliation, etc. that goes with spanking so that they will not go over
the line into abusive injury of the child.

It's entirely possible they may be right. It's beyond ME of course, but
then I never had any practice at it, being a non-spanker by choice, who
had children of my own to raise.

So, can you answer The Question? (google on it in this Usenet newsgroup
before you start so you won't waste your time with redefining the
question itself, and redoing all the failed attempts of others in the
past).

Where is that line?

For it to be of practical use to parents considering continuing
spanking or taking it up with their newborns, it has to be at least as
explicit as a traffic speed control sign. Easy to read, understand, and
apply to human children. Just as 55 MPH is to the driver who drives
the car down the road under varying conditions

This should be perfectly easy, considering in this country probably the
parents of 90% of believe they know, and chose therefor to spank.

I look forward to a lively fun-filled debate.

Or you can run. It's no shame to refuse to volunteer. Your choice.
Kane