Old September 14th 03, 09:06 AM
Hope

Default # of ultrasounds--question

On 13 Sep 2003 15:28:45 -0700, (annafine) wrote:

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have only had 2 ultrasounds. The first was
at 10 weeks and the second at 18 weeks. I've been asking my OB about
another, but she won't request one unless she feels it medically
necessary.

My question is, how many ultrasounds have you had, and when (# of
weeks) did you have them?

Thanks,
Anna
EDD #1 October 18, 2003

I had zero scans this latest pg, I decided that unless something about
the pregnancy was unusual and warranted further investigation, there
was no point. It was weird but interesting, and I would do the same
again.

Anecdotally, I know a couple of people who were worried unnecessarily
by ultrasound anomalies that turned out to be nothing. I also have a
close friend who had many, many high level ultrasounds (she had a
previous loss so they felt it was warranted)- and they were still
taken *completely* by surprise when the baby had a serious heart
defect.

Hope

--
Riley 1993 c/s