Old September 14th 03, 11:17 AM
Cheryl

Default # of ultrasounds--question

On 13 Sep 2003 15:28:45 -0700, (annafine) wrote:

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have only had 2 ultrasounds. The first was
at 10 weeks and the second at 18 weeks. I've been asking my OB about
another, but she won't request one unless she feels it medically
necessary.

My question is, how many ultrasounds have you had, and when (# of
weeks) did you have them?

For #1 I had two ultrasounds, one at around 6 weeks because my uterus
felt larger than it should have been, and one at around 19 weeks.
That's more than the standard care in Australia, the medical system
will only give you one at 18 weeks if there are no indications of
something being wrong with the pregnancy, or unless you want to have
the nuchal fold ultrasound at around 10-12 weeks. For the other two
kids I had more ultrasounds but there were always medical reasons why
they were ordered.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)