Old July 21st 03, 07:19 PM
~August

Default "Proof" of payments in Texas

"gini52" wrote in message

In our
case, the judge called the 7k
a "gift" because it wasn't paid through DOR but directly to the CP per the
divorce decree.

ARGH! I just don't understand that!

But, from reading on this board I have heard of this before. (It boggles me
though how that happens, especially if it says IN your divorce decree that X
amount will be paid... and then X amount IS paid... but it is still
considered a "GIFT"???

I kick back half of the CS my ex pays me while the kids are with him for the
summer. He pays the full amount through the courts and then I write him a
personal check for half of the amount. I mark each check "CS Payment - NOT
A GIFT". I sure hope that is enough if this ever comes back to haunt me....

Gini - weren't you able to argue that somehow? Why does it have to go
through the state in order to be considered CS????