Old June 8th 06, 11:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Active Active Baby

Matthew, my first, was quite active in utero and is now a pretty active 11
month old. His legs start kicking and arms punching the moment he's let out
of the sleeping bag and don't let up until he's zipped back into the
sleeping bag (it's winter here). Used to make me laugh when, towards the end
of the pregnancy, I was sitting in a meeting with pretty serious people and
my stomach was doing it's crazy dance. Visible above the table, of course. I
don't think too many people noticed, though!

If you want to more or less know the activity cycle you can expect when this
baby is born, keep a diary of the times of day and night you feel the
movement. I think I read somewhere that, at least at the beginning, newborns
tend to keep a similar sleep and wake cycle as they have in utero.

Some of the movement might let up as your pregnancy progresses and your
little one runs out of room for doing laps and has to content him/herself
with just punches and kicks, as well as mooning the world (particularly
funny, this bump just appears on your stomach and then you realise that the
baby is sticking it's bum out!), because there's no room for anything else.

"Anna.Nicole.m" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone else have a super active baby? I'm just over 20 weeks
pregnant and my little one is CRAZY. The baby moves all over the place
and kicks with such fervor my husband is able to feel the kicks. I
think I'm in for a spirited one. This doesn't surprise me, I never
stop moving. My poor Husband is now running 3 miles a day on the
elliptical instead of just 2 to keep up with what he thinks will be
coming.