Old February 16th 05, 06:33 PM
lenny fackler

Sue wrote:

.... and
it doesn't start with tax breaks, the government, or "society" - it
starts with the self.

It's all a matter of choices and priorities, and I don't feel that

the
government needs to change anything to make me a better (future)
parent. In fact, the less the government is involved with my home

and
my family, the better.

I agree it starts at home. Much of the economic stress for middle
class familes can be relieved by scaling back their lifestyle a notch
or two. And family life should be structured so that relationships are
stable and satisfying. If you're sacrificing your happiness, marriage,
sanity, etc. for your child you're not doing them any favors.
That being said, I liked her her recommendations for policies that
could make life easier for families. It's sad to think that we, as a
society, can't come together and decide that affordable, quality day
care is something that would benefit us all.