Old July 26th 03, 08:24 PM
blacksalt

Default nutrition question on year old

I'm new at this, so I'm reading some books. The consensus seems that
after a year of age you change from formula to milk. When reading about
iron, the books say "use iron fortified cereal". The baby cereal and the
formula are both iron fortified. However, I'd rather start moving into
whole grains rather than the precooked, prechewed Gerber baby rice or
mixed grain cereal. Tastes like cardboard! If I do that I'm switching
away from both iron fortified formula and cereal.
What whole grain iron fortified cereals are out there? I don't care if
it is too 'big grained', as I can grind it finer. Food after food says
"0% iron" on the RDA. Baby is being raised veggie, so I can't just feed
beef and assume he's getting enough.
Another question. FOB (father of baby) is hot to get him away from cow's
milk, but is willing to allow goat's milk. I know my ex hub was raised a
veggie on goat's milk (in India) and grew up healthy, and the carton
doesn't have a warning about human kids. Anyone know of a problem with
goat's milk specifically related to babies?
TIA
blacksalt