Old July 7th 06, 11:22 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default Washing pump parts - how to get them to dry in 3 hours?

Iuil wrote:
"cjra" wrote
I've rented a Medela lactina (also used the Ameda at the hospital, not
sure which I prefer, both are ok but only Medela was available to
rent).

It's working well, my problem is how the heck I get the parts to dry in
the 3ish hours between use? We're running the a/c in the house so it's
not like it's terribly humid inside, but they just don't air dry!

Paper towels? TBH, I can't see how they're not dry enough to use after 3
hours. The amount of moisture on them is going to be minimal after that
length of time.

Well, this IS Texas, but in hospital they dried, just not in the house.
I guess it's more humid inside than I realised.

The NICU said to air dry, so I was nervous about using paper towels,
but Anne's idea of storing in a ziploc is good. Normally I wouldn't be
so paranoid, but as a main concern now is preventing opportunistic
infection, I am a little paranoid.

I never did say Congratulations on your other thread. Your news was also
announced elsewhere (I believe with your permission). My DD would approve
of your chosen name, Angelina Ballerina being one of her favourite
characters :-).

Thanks