Old June 18th 05, 05:55 PM
dragonlady

In article bZWse.14760$5s1.13027@trndny06,
"dejablues" wrote:

"Mary" wrote in message
oups.com...
an·nun·ci·a·tion (?-nun'se-a'sh?n)
n.
The act of announcing

Yeah, you really meant "enunciation" :

2 : ARTICULATE, PRONOUNCE enunciate all the syllables
intransitive senses : to utter articulate sounds

I wouldn't allow anything but ear piercing. However, both of my
daughters got their toungues pierced as soon as they could approve it
themselves (and, I might add, pay for it.)

For the first couple of days I asked them to not talk to me, because I
was thoroughly grossed out.

However, once the initial swelling goes down, the toungue piercing does
not create problems with enunciation.

(I STILL don't like it, and it DOES cause problems for dental health,
but their speech is not affected.)

(And they've both gotten jobs where they don't have to remove the tongue
studs at work -- though they both have enough brains to have removed
them when they went in for job interviews.)