Old March 25th 04, 07:19 PM
Jill

Default Opinions on induction??

"Circe" wrote

By the way, why would your husband have a better chance of getting off

work
without penalty? Can't he use sick leave when you're in labor? Sick leave
usually doesn't have to be requested in advance. And if his employers know
he'll be taking a week after the baby is born, it seems they shouldn't
penalize him for taking it after the baby is born, whenever that happens.

They know of course, but they generally don't let but a certain number off
etc. His boss has already mentioned that they have been told due to workload
not to allow vacation during the 2nd quarter. That makes me so mad! I don't
see how they can do this, but he is not under a contract so they can do it--
I just don't see how they could do it and not feel like monsters. Because he
can't turn in a form for specific dates ahead of time (obviously), he can't
get it approved ahead of time. If for example he wanted a certain week off
he could at least get a form in and get it signed off on.

He COULD use FMLA, but in that co., especially if he used FMLA when they
directed managers not to be off, and it wasn't a health problem of his own,
they could "lay him off" so to speak. Zero chance of him being able to prove
it was FMLA discrimination because they can lay off at any time these days
because they are doing major job cuts. (Funny isn;t it-- they are laying off
their staff but then act like they are too busy to let them take vacation).
etc.

Anyway, this wouldn't be a reason I'd consider an induction, just a benefit
of if I happened to be able to know ahead of time, such as if I had a
planned c-section for a medical reason or something. He'll be home with
me--- if they try not to let him, that's what I'm afraid of, he'll just let
them hold it against him. He's our income. :/

But thanks for the comments about induction. That's what I figured, and all
I need to know that I'd never agree to one unless something is wrong.