Old January 8th 04, 10:25 PM
Paul

Default Rant: Over indulgent parents strike again

"Jon Walters" wrote in message

First of all -- the kids of this generation are spoiled
and "do no wrong" in the eyes of their parents. They are
right and you are wrong .... especially when a 13 year old
wanted $40 to shovel the snow from my sidewalk recently. I
told the kid I'll give him $10 and he walked away. Good. I'll
wait until it melts before I pay that much.

I'm not going to get too deep in to this part of the discussion being as I
live in a area where if it does snow, you don't bother shoveling the drive
way as you will have to wait untill the snow melts in the street anyway, but
the fact that he walked away from the job you offered means that he
apparently had other jobs lined up and/or regular clients who are willing to
pay his rate. If business were slow or he had competition, he would have
taken your offer.

About 7-8 teens (12-15) received these motor cycles/scooters
this Christmas and they ride (speed) up and down the street
and don't even use helmets! The law here requires helmets
for bicycles so you'd think the parents would demand they
wear them .... but they (kids) always get "their way" but
this will change when one of them is seriously hurt! They even
ride through this neighborhood at night with no lights attached
to their motor cycles. Where are the parents?

I don't know where their parents are, but if one of these kids strikes my
vehicle while illegally and recklessly operating one of these scooters, they
can bet their a*s that their parents will get a huge car repair bill from
me - attached to a lawsuit if necessary. Also, many of the kids I am
referring to from my original post appear to be quite a bit younger than 12
years of age - from the news article the first kid mentioned was a 10 YO,
the second one was 9 YO. Both of whom disregarded the traffic laws and got a
3000 lb lesson in the laws of physics.

BTW, misc.kids and rec.motorcycles ?? Where did these come from??

--
Paul
==HOMICIDE!! SLOWER TRAFFIC THIS