Old January 8th 04, 09:34 PM
P. Tierney

Default Rant: Over indulgent parents strike again

"Jon Walters" wrote:

First of all -- the kids of this generation are spoiled
and "do no wrong" in the eyes of their parents.

Second of all, that's a baseless generalization. Oh, there
are a few examples. But that's supposed to apply to the
hundred million or so in the generation?

They are
right and you are wrong .... especially when a 13 year old
wanted $40 to shovel the snow from my sidewalk recently. I
told the kid I'll give him $10 and he walked away.

As opposed to... what? Going along with whatever
it is that you say? Why on earth should *anyone* do that?

About 7-8 teens (12-15) received these motor cycles/scooters
this Christmas and they ride (speed) up and down the street
and don't even use helmets! The law here requires helmets
for bicycles so you'd think the parents would demand they
wear them .... but they (kids) always get "their way" but
this will change when one of them is seriously hurt! They even
ride through this neighborhood at night with no lights attached
to their motor cycles. Where are the parents?

Beats me. Your the one who lives in that neighborhood.
You figure it out.

P. Tierney