Old October 21st 03, 10:16 PM
gale

Default Hooked on Phonics thoughts?

"Shell" wrote in message
. net...
I just purchased the Learn to Read program. Does anyone have it? What do
you think? Has anyone heard anything about it?

We tried the hooked on phonics program when DS was 4-5 and it was not
successful. We tried the Phonics Game slightly later 4.5-5.5 and found it
to be wildly successful - mainly because DS like it better. The game
playing aspect was much more enjoyable to him than the more formalized
program of the HOP. I suspect, however, that the computerized version might
meet with similar enthusiasm, at least with him. So, from my study of one
I would conclude that it depends on the kid and how the parent presents it
to the kid.

-A