Old January 21st 05, 11:14 PM

In
Message-ID:1106263808.8ec7165ddd12fb42d3dd2345f9e85bb1@te ranews
posted on Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:29:28 -0500, Mandy Smith
wrote:

Hello,

I was involved for a time with a man by the name of Michael F.
O'Shaughnessy when I live in Central New York(I lived in Morrisville, NY).
He was very handsome, and a smooth talker, we used to talk alot, and seemed
to have nice times together with me and my aged mother(I came from a single
parent family).

Um, well for a start, do you know that is actually his real
name? Do you have anything like positive ID on him?
Drivers license number, passport number, credit card
numbers, photos, and so on?

The fact that he was "handsome" and a "smooth talker" means
nothing. Most con men are. Most psychopaths are.
Otherwise neither would be successful.

Anyway, when he decided to not wear a condom, as expected 9
months later I gave birth to beautiful baby girl.

Not only his decision, you obviously agreed to it. And for
that matter, what kept you from using a diaphragm, taking
oral contraceptives, or using other birth control methods.

For that matter, once you found you were pregnant, what was
to stop you having an abortion?

Then that's when the
trouble started, when he found out I was pregnant he became enraged. Then he
got a U-haul (when I was at a friends house) and moved all of his stuff out
on me. My daughter Sarah is 15 years old now, and has not seen ONE RED CENT
of support from her father Mike.

When he ran away when he found you were pregnant, what else
did you expect?

I know he has alot of money too. When I
was with him he used to wear the finest clothes, and he worked two jobs, I
saw some of his paychecks and they were always around $700-800.00 a week.
You would think making over a grand a week he could share with my daughter
and I, but no he does nothing ! I have been to family court several times
to try to get him to provide for his daughter. They Judges always rule in my
favor, but then I never get any payments from that jerk Michael F.
O'Shaughnessy.

Perhaps your state [or country] didn't try hard enough to
track him at the time. Even 15 years ago it wouldn't have
been all that easy to disappear from the USA if you had the
means to promptly track him.

I will describe how he looks now: He has curly black hair, he is very tall
too(over 6 feet tall), he is a White Man(Irish, but he said he's not ?),
also he told me he was from a place called Massena. That's in Canada I
believe.

Sounds more like Austria or Italy to me.

Anyway, I work myself to the bone, making only about $300.00 a
week, I get food stamps too and partial rental assistance too from the
State. But life is really painful for us, he doesn't care though. As soon as
he made a child, he was off and running. If this is any help, the last place
I heard he was is, Santa Barbara,CA Solvay,NY(possibly staying with a girl
named Valerie) New Orleans, LA & Las Vegas. Thanks for listening to me
gripe. Please respond directly to me on the newsgroup. I don't use my normal
email address here. Thanks do much for your help. And other women here's
some free advice: "STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MICHAEL FRED O'SHAUGHNESSY " !
It's the best advice I can give any other woman, so he won't ruin your life
too. Take care and thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide.

Um, am not sure that any of us can help much Mandy. 15
years is a long time ago if you have no more information
than you have given us so far.

Didn't it ever occur to you to try to verify his identity
before you trusted him that much? If he had a car, in many
states at that time it wouldn't have been that difficult to
get a look at the registration certificate or check out the
license plate number? Or get a look at his social security
number?

Yeah, I know that some people such as
might consider me and others on alt.support.childfree, might
consider us excessively suspicious, but I wouldn't let him
or anyone else even into my house unless had some sort of a
track on them.

Identity fraud is far too easy, especially these days.

Regards,
"nilkids"

Thanks,
Mandy S.