Old October 12th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.mens-rights,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Phil

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

"Ken Chaddock" wrote in message
Ken Chaddock wrote:

Fred wrote:

Gini wrote:

"Fred" wrote

I read your entire message. What it boils down to is yet another
attempt to evade your responsibilities by ignoring the doctrine of
informed consent. Sorry, but men can't just spread their semen
hither and yon and walk away from the consequences thereof because
those consequences are ... *inconvenient*. That's "inconvenient"
as in financially inconvenient, because at the end of the day it's
always about the money with y'all.

It's disgusting, really.

==
Then I presume you find it equally disgusting when the mother does
the same,
such as abortion, baby dropoff?

What's "baby dropoff"?

God, you're in here, talking like you're the great know-it-all
authority of child custody and parental responsibility and
reproductive rights and you don't even know what child-drop-off is ?
What an arse-h*%e...you didn't have much credibility but you've
certainly destroyed what little you did have with this...
Just for your eludication...child-drop-off is consequence free,
legal abandonment of an infant child by a mother, sometimes also
called "safe haven" laws or "hatchery" laws. Currently at least 37
states have "safe haven" laws with more in progress.
All the mother has to do is take the child to a "safe" drop off
point...she can't just throw it in a dumpster, which is what some
used to do...such as a police station, fire station, welfare office,
hospital or medical clinic etc. There are *NO* strings attached, in
most case they aren't even allowed to ask her her name so there are
absolutely NO legal consequences...note that in all but two states
this provision is NOT available to the father and those two they
*require* that he provide identification...for future child support
no doubt...
If you don't believe me...and you probably won't...there's plenty
of info on the net. up to and including state statutes that you can
read yourself...

...Ken

Update, with a little further research I've discovered that apparently
there are now 47 states with "safe haven" laws and, wonder of all
wonders, a couple of them will also accept an infant from a man
without asking questions...but only a couple...
...and NO Fred, this ISN'T adoption...

...Ken

I'd be willing to bet that it remains that the mother can refute the
abandonment by the father (claiming she never wanted to abandon the
baby), retrieve the child and force the father to pay child support, a
situation that is not available for the father in the reverse situation.
Phil #3