Old April 26th 08, 01:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default TN - Child support termination bill attacked

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

.
.
"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
m...

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
m...

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in message

"Yet you want to punish a child as the result of an adulterous
situation," said Briley. "You put the child in the position of

bearing
the burden of a parent's conduct."

I just don't get this argument. Isn't this politician saying CS

money
is more important than factual reality and truth should be ignored

when
there are signs of immorality?

To accept this argument one has to ignore it is the mother who gets
pregnant as the result of her sexual misconduct outside of a
relationship or with multiple partners and believe the biological
father should have no responsibility.

You really have to use pretzel logic to advocate for the status quo
when it comes to obvious inequities in CS law.

Logically, one would presume the mother and the true bio-dad to be
the
guilty parties in a mess such as this, which seems to be very common.
(Although the bio-dad may be unaware of her being married and the
resulting child, which doesn't make him an intentional party to the
fraud).

The mother is on the "hot seat" to produce the identity of the
biological father and the putative father should be empowered to sue

the
mother AND the bio-dad for actual damages

I don't think the bio dad deserves to be sued, unless he was a party
the actual fraud itself. That would just transfer the financial
responsibility from one man to another, and the woman would still get

off
scott free--even if she were named in the suit, too.

I addressed this in the first paragraph, in that the bio-dad may be
unaware of any pregnancy that results from the encounter(s). If it can

be
proven that he knew of the pregnancy and the wife's fraud, he is

culpable
as well. Perhaps guilty to a lesser degree but he is certainly not
blameless. Under NO circumstances should the mother be allowed to 1)
profit from her lie or; 2) elude punishment for the intentional fraud.

I just wanted to make sure it was absolutely clear. I think we all know
that, if bio dad is held responsible just for being bio dad, then it is
win-win situation for the mother. Some poor guy will be held responsible
for her misbehavior no matter what. Until women are held responsible for
their own choices we are never going to see a change in the way things

are.

Correct! And this includes her SOLE choice to give birth.

We've had this conversation before, Chris, and you know that I do not
necessarily agree with you on that point.