Old April 26th 08, 09:13 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini[_2_]

Default How does relocation affect payments?

"Ned" wrote in message
I pay child support on my own with no involvment of the courts, but I
suspect that at anytime, the CP can decide to take me to court since
she has made the threat several times for things such as me mailing
her a check as oppsoed to depositing it into her account and for
allowing both daughters to meet. Anyway, I live in NY and plan to
relocate to Florida. If she takes me to court while I live in FL, will
FL laws apply or will NY laws apply?

====
NY law should apply if that is where the kids are. My BIL's ex tried to have
her PA order
transferred to FL after my BIL moved there because the guidelines are
higher--much higher. FL refused to take the case. My BIL was never in
arrears so there were no enforcement issues.