Old April 29th 08, 12:00 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default FOX Plans Reality-TV "Bad Dads" Colosseum "Lynching" of Poor Men

"Dusty" wrote in message ...
David R. Usher
FOX Plans Reality-TV "Bad Dads" Colosseum "Lynching" of Poor Men
April 24, 2008

I was astonished to see that FOX Television, in its nauseating quest for
ever tawdry reality-TV shows, plans to turn the problems of poor fathers
into an extermination in the Fox Colosseum.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Fox tagged Jim Durham, Director of
the "National Child Support Center", as the leading lion of the event.
Interestingly, this organization does not exist. The real name of the
company Durham runs is named "National Child Support" (NCS). The NCS is
not a national or official organization - it is a private for-profit
fee-based collections agency located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Their website
cannily does not identify Durham on its website, but Zoominfo tagged the
truth.

National Child Support Center is one of several DBA's for Innovative
Collection Concepts, Inc. from Cincinnati. See:

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_626kc9

I believe the proposed Fox show could have some value because I don't think
they can produce a series of shows based on the false stereotypes they have
about fathers, how they perceive the CS system works, and how CS collection
companies operate. It would be my guess the producers will find some savvy
fathers who can articulate the poor/arbitrary treatment they received in the
CS system, and state CS administrators won't sit still for allegations of
their ineffectiveness. I think a show that stirs up a lot of emotional
backlash will expose the system for what it is - a bureaucratic nightmare
that operates using rigid anti-father biases.