Old May 16th 08, 06:42 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default TN - Child support termination bill attacked

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

================================

I don't think that either parent should have rights that the other
parent
does not have, Chris!

Then you are also saying that neither parent should have any
responsibility
that the other does not. The problem with that is no one would ever be
able
to choose which rights/responsibilities they want. Sounds marxist to me.

What a bunch of crap! If you believe in free will any parent can define
their own version of parental rights and responsibilities. Artifitial
rights and responsibilities thrush on divorced or single parents by court
order are only enforcable as long as a parent alllows them to interfer
with their free will to be a parent.

But you already know that. If a woman chooses to
bring a child into the world, ashe should not get an automatic siphon
into

man's pocket. If she cannot afford the child and the man does not wish
be a father, the child should be given to someone who can afford to care

for
it. This country's insistence on paying women to bring children into the
world that they cannot afford to suport is ridiculous. But that does
not
mean that I believe that no man should ever be responsible for a child
simply because he does not have a uterus.

Nor do I. If he voluntarily accepts such responsibility, more power to
him!

I say this right is more than voluntary. Fathers have every right to
reach out to their children and exert their parental rights regardless of
what any court says. The children get it in the long run. And having
parental rights comes with having parental responsibilities. If you want
the rights, you accept the responsibilities.

I think, Bob, that Chris resents having the responsibilities that ore
thrust upon him. Since he seeks no rights, he feels that he should have no
responsibilities--that it should all be his choice. I vehemently disagree
with his idea that a man should be entitled to walk away from a child at any
time with no responsibilities because the man did not give birth.