Old June 1st 04, 05:04 AM
Holger Dansk

On Mon, 31 May 2004 23:28:12 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

Fat black bucks in a wine-barrel room,
Barrel-house kings, with feet unstable,
(A deep rolling bass.)
Sagged and reeled and pounded on the table,
Pounded on the table,
Beat an empty barrel with the handle of a broom,
Hard as they were able,
Boom, boom, BOOM,
With a silk umbrella and the handle of a broom,
Boomlay, boomlay, boomlay, BOOM.
THEN I had religion, THEN I had a vision.
I could not turn from their revel in derision.
(More deliberate. Solemnly chanted.)
THEN I SAW THE CONGO, CREEPING THROUGH THE BLACK, CUTTING THROUGH
THE FOREST WITH A GOLDEN TRACK.

PLease indicate the relevance of Vachel Lindsay.

He wrote the above poem.

That is true for all of mankind.

Not at all. Haven't you ever heard of the Greek and Roman
civilizations, for instance?
-----------------------------
You think that Romans didn't hunt animals with spears? They were still
killing lions on the Appian way in the first two centuries A.D. They
did this with spears, and not iron ones either.

That's irrelevant. They had sportsmen who went hunting, etc. The point
is, that, all the blacks did was hunt animals for food. They did not
create or build anything.

Wrong.

The Greeks and Romans created the greatest ancient civilizations of
ancient times.

Other civilizations probably did not agree.

Black people in Africa were not even civilized for thousands of years.

Yes they were.

Many still are not.

Cite, please.

Of course, you were born here. And, your ancestors were originally
black savages in Africa.
Since we're not black, and since you're not talking about the
out-of-Africa theory, you're an idiot.

I'm sure that you are as black as they come. You speak like a savage in
Africa hundreds of years ago.

People in Africa hundreds of years ago did not speak English, dimwit.

lojbab

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm