Old June 4th 04, 03:54 PM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
You see, it says that the Greeks added vowels.

TO THE ALPHABET.

NOT to the language.

The language was written with the alphabet.

So? The language had vowels before the alphabet did. Ppl rd th txt
lk ths. Or rather, because they didn't use spaces: Pplrdthtxtlkths.
You will note that if you attempt to read that sequence of syllables
aloud, it is understandable.

We are talking about vowels in the alphabet, not grunting sounds and
screeches that people made.

Maybe that is what YOU are talking about now, but you originally
talked about adding vowels to the LANGUAGE, which exists whether or
not there is an alphabet.

But the words of the language are written with an alphabet, and the
Greeks added vowels to theirs.

So? As exemplified above, they did not HAVE to. It made reading
easier, but it was not a change to the language.

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group