Old June 5th 04, 04:27 PM
Holger Dansk

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:01:16 GMT, Holger Dansk
wrote:

The fact that people in parts of Africa own slaves
or commit atrocities is equally irrelevant--the civilizations you admire
having created things of "importance" (Greeks, Romans, et al.) did the same
things. Nor are these behaviors limited to sub-Saharan Africa in modern
times.

Well, now, we are talking about today, not thousands of years ago, etc.

What other countries have slaves today. I'm sure there may be a few if
you look real hard.

Today, black people have black slaves in Mauritania, southwest of
Algeria.

I knew there would be another savage place that had slavery. I'm sure
they have doo doo too.

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm