Old June 5th 04, 09:50 PM
Holger Dansk

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:22:53 -0700, "Circe" wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:01:16 GMT, Holger Dansk
wrote:

The fact that people in parts of Africa own slaves
or commit atrocities is equally irrelevant--the civilizations you
admire having created things of "importance" (Greeks, Romans, et
al.) did the same things. Nor are these behaviors limited to
sub-Saharan Africa in modern times.

Well, now, we are talking about today, not thousands of years ago,
etc.

What other countries have slaves today. I'm sure there may be a
few if you look real hard.

Today, black people have black slaves in Mauritania, southwest of
Algeria.

I knew there would be another savage place that had slavery.

De factor slavery still exists in the US. This particular acticle from
February of this year discusses slavery/human bondage in Floris:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/02/...rafficking.ap/. Of course,
it's not legal, but I'm not sure it's legal in Mauritania, either.

That's silly. We're not talking about prostitution to pay off debts,
etc. They have the real thing in Mauritania and have had it for
thousands of years in Sudan. Lots of children slaves.

So, is Florida a "savage" place, too?

I'm sure they have doo doo too.

But, that's about all the savages in Africa have produced for thousands
and thousands and thousands and thousands of years.

Hispanics and Asians can learn to say police instead of poelice and
President instead of Presidennnt in just a few seconds. But, in
hundreds of years over several generations the blacks in America have
still not learned. That's what is so irritating to Bill Cosby.

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm