Old June 8th 04, 05:41 AM

I've met too many highly literate children of illiterates,
black or otherwise, for this excuse to hold any water.

And to be fair, I've met a lot of white people who deserve the
criticism from Bill Cosby as well.

What sucks is the politicians who want to keep people like
cattle herds in ethnic ghettos so they can be assured of their captive
vote. If the black, Greek or Korean leaves the ghetto, heaven forbid,
they vote on their own - Better (for the pols) to keep them acting
like herds by providing things like bilingual education.

In by Bob LeChevalier
on Fri, 28 May 2004 19:47:31 -0400 we perused:

*+-I am sure that a small number of black slaves learned to read even
*+-though it was against the law. That would not negate the claim that
*+-blacks had insufficient access to any sort of education that would
*+-cause them to acquire native fluency in educated English.

*+-lojbab

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Health Reform means abolishing FDR's insurance tax exemption]
[To stop SPAM, Charge net-postage] [Abolish 16th (Inc Tx) Amendment]