Old June 8th 04, 09:02 AM
Holger Dansk

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:14:15 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

The Greeks had a great civilization. Much greater than the Romans.
They gave us many, many things. Not just some art and some literature.

----------------
Nonsense, they had the money to afford thinkers because they had
slaves once again, but they squandered it and most Athenians wasted
their money on high living, the few thinkers were a tiny minority.

The Greeks were not famous for being rich. I don't think there is any
mention of that in their history. I'm sure that the creators of
philosophy and architecture and math and on were probably about 10 % of
their culture. Their contributions to the world were incredible. You
see, they didn't even have libraries full of books to go and read. They
had to create all of it.

If papyrus had rotted ten percent faster they'd have been unknown!

The Egyptians were the ones who found or created papyrus. That, and
some engineering (the pyramids, etc.) was about all they did.

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm