Old December 11th 03, 03:10 AM
Beth Kevles

Default What about circumcision and pain relief for baby

If the doctor says that they don't usually use an aneasthetic, then say
that you INSIST upon an anaesthetic. He should use a topical spray and
also something oral. We used a tiny bit of sweet wine, but a doctor
might want something more medical :-) I think we used tylenol for the
next day or so ... it's been a few years, so I don't recall.

If the doctor is reluctant to use pain relief, find another doctor.
There's nothing wrong with using pain relief, nothing at all. And why
would anyone subject an infant to unnecessary pain?

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.