Old July 15th 04, 04:23 PM
Circe

Default School Choice (was How Children REALLY React To Control)

H Schinske wrote:
wrote:
There arises a cultural
distinction between those educated publicly and those educated
privately that is not easily overcome.

How so? I don't see any big cultural divide between the people I
know who were educated at each, *except* in so far as the
wealthiest people I know were more likely to have attended private
schools. Still, the wealthy people I know who went to public
schools tend to have far more in common with wealthy people who
didn't, than with non-wealthy folks of any educational persuasion.

Bob probably won't see your question, Helen. Of the groups to which this
thread was originally cross-posted, Bob posts from misc.education. Since you
stripped all the groups except misc.kids, he's unlikely to respond.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

This week's suggested Bush/Cheney campaign bumper sticker:
"Four More Wars!"