Old October 21st 04, 02:54 AM
Larry McMahan

Mum of Two writes:
: Everyone here is so perfect!

Damn right!

: It seems you all wear your babies constantly,
: co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on end
: while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
: besides and a successful career.

Oh, for a minute there, I though you were talking about me.
And, uh, they don't scream. After all they're perfect, too!

: Those of you who don't have a career cook,
: bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha Stewart
: minus the criminal record.

Gag!

: Still others of you are _always right_ or at
: least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
: everyone who reads you, myself included.

So you ARE talking about me after all!

: Do you ever get hormonal,
: overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

So you know me personally, too. BTDT. There right now.

: I don't wear DD. She amuses herself a lot under a playgym. In fact, I don't
: even think she likes me because she cries and struggles when I pick her up
: sometimes. She cries herself to sleep a lot, in her own room. I tell her off
: when she bites me. She has cat hair in her nappy, and sometimes in her
: mouth. She doesn't get enough tummy-time, so she's starting to crawl upside
: down. She would rather watch TV, at three & a half months, than look at us.

And why are you telling us this? At least she's a fast learner.

: I can't/won't cook nor bake - the other mothers at my coffee group thought
: my scones were biscuits. I don't do sewing either. Actually, I don't do much
: of anything. I am frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly
: contradict myself. I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to me.

Look at the bright side, at least you are consistent!

: At least she's breast-fed and side-slept, so she'll have a good immune
: system and a nice shaped head when she starts therapy.

If this were mkb, I would say you added this last bit just so that your
post would be on topic. Since it is not, I'm termnially confused.

: --
: Amy,
: Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,
: & Ana born screaming 30/06/04
: email: barton . souto @ clear . net . nz (join the dots!)

Ya' know. You Kiwi's have a really strange sense of humor.

Scratching head,
Larry