Old June 4th 04, 05:20 AM
Rosenugga

Default Why does this bother me? (re - breastfeeding)

Sophie pondered:

As a person who did not/does not breastfeed, why does it bother me when
people say breastfeeding in public is "inappropriate" - and particularly
it's inappropriate in a **restaurant**??

Because you have a brain and belong to an enlightened generation?

Have any of you who breastfeed in public ever had anyone say anything rude
to you? Just curious.

I must give of grumpy mommy vibes too. I never had any be rude. But then I
only had one person other than family touch my stomach. I used to work with
her and she was completely trashed. It was actually rather amusing as she was
down on her knees hugging and laying her head on my belly. She claimed the
baby was talking to her.

I didn't BF out in public alot though. Partially because I wasn't comfortable
with it and DD used to fall asleep in the car and would often sleep through
most short trips. The only person that got obviously embarrased was our Rebbi.
DD was eating and Rebbi came up behind us in the back row. He said "How's the
little one.. WHOA you're busy I'll come back." The funny things was I was
completely covered but he knew what that blanket meant.

Rose
Mamma to Caity Feb 13 1999 ( Daddy's best birthday present)