Old November 21st 03, 01:03 PM
Chookie

Default infant and new carpet?

In article ,
"Jay" wrote:

I am getting a new carpet in my new apartment sometime early next week. Lets
say, I will have 3 days between the new carpet installation and baby
crawling on it.

Plenty of people have talked about outgassing, but I must say that I would not
be putting new carpet down for practical reasons. Vomit, playdough, paint and
plain old dirt -- unless the carpet is worn to the backing, you might as well
save the money for another 8 years or so.

Half seriously,

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc