Old August 11th 03, 11:20 PM

Default Back to School- Uniform Help!

I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup for this, but maybe someone here
will be able to help me. My daughter is going to a new school this year
that requires uniforms, in her case grey slacks or grey plaid skirt. The
skirts have pleats, and as my daughter is on the short side for her age,
hers is far too long! I don't have much sewing experience, but I was
wondering if this would be possible to hem myself? Or is it absolutely
necessary that I take it in someplace to have it altered? If I can do this
myself, how do I make sure the pleats don't end up all funny?

I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I don't want her to get
teased or beaten up because of her clothes.