Old December 15th 06, 04:43 PM posted to misc.kids
Denise

Default I need some recomendations for gift ideas for 13 year old boy

"Banty" wrote in message
In article . com,
says...

I have a 14 year old who doesn't like to read much, although his reading
level
is fine. He needs real payoff to read. Like his sci-fi modelling
maillist. He
puts his scouting magazine and the National Geographic kid's mag he got
for
winning the school geography bee into the trashbin

Comics are of real interest to the age, gets him reading, and, gee whiz,
you're
supposed to be 'on his side' a bit and bring him something nice and fun.
pored over them (even though I was a kid who would also pull down the
encyclopedia to read).

Cheers,
Banty

I second this. I buy my oldest comic books. She hates to read, but will
read comic books for hours and I feel they've helped her spelling.

Is Popular Science still published? Some of those were really cool when I
was a kid. We get the Disney magainze, which is a glorified advertisement
for anything Disney can license, and the National Geographic for kids. My
younger children enjoy those, not so much the older one.

Denise