Old September 20th 03, 10:23 PM
Welches

Default Free Patterns for Baby Clothes

Daye wrote in message
Hello all...

A very good and dear friend will be having her baby in October. She
is looking for free patterns for baby clothes on the internet.

She is having a little girl, and she wants some for the old fashioned,
traditional little girl clothes, like pinafores and dresses.

Does anyone know where she can find some?

TIA!

I don't know about free patterns, but I rarely use a full pattern. If she's
used to sewing, then she should be able to get one basic dress pattern (get
multisized then she can use it for longer) and alter it for different
dresses and pinafores. If she wants to do hats, then mob-caps are easy-just
a circle with elastic in. (Just make sure the circle is large enough, I'm
always surprised how large I need to make them)
I think my favourite dress pattern for a baby would be back fastening with
buttons, peterpan collar, long "puff" sleeves and gathered skirt from waist,
with pants pattern. That can be adapted for almost anything.
I use one basic pattern in each size and alter it accordingly. Now dd's
older she tells me what she wants and it's great fun designing a dress
together.
Debbie