Old November 17th 03, 07:55 PM
Jill

Default Losing weight during first trimester....

"T Flynn" wrote
My own stats, just for an additional data point: I conceived at 168 lbs
where my most reasonable ideal was probably 125-130. I'm 5'5"

I am similar to these stats, except I am 5'2 and my reasonable ideal is
115-120. That's when I feel great. 110 is an absolute low, any lower and I
feel bad. But I am close to your preconception weight and it's something
where I noticed I felt bad at that weight but didn't lose it before I
conceived. I actually don't look like I weigh anything near that and I do
have a fair amount of muscle. I look like I weigh about 140. I had never
gained weight before until recently and admit to feeling very self conscious
about it. My husband makes me feel good about myself in that respect no
matter what, it's my own blood relatives that are rotten about it. I heard
my mom tell someone gleefully that she will soon be smaller than me ....why
do people CARE about petty things like that?? But it still makes me feel
self conscious. I am determined though, to make sure my baby is getting the
best prenatal care, and also, will NEVER feel self conscious or put up with
the petty comments I have from my own mother.