Old January 24th 04, 11:30 AM
Chookie

Default washing cloth diapers? - Chinese prefolds

In article ,
(-L.) wrote:

For those of you who wash cloth- what method do you use?

I am not sure what fabric your nappies are made from; here, they're made from
cotton terry-towelling.

I used to put the wet nappies in with the rest of my whites on a normal cycle
with ordinary washing powder. Hung them in the sunshine to dry.

The dirty ones were scraped, then soaked in Napisan (sodium perborate) bleach
overnight. Then I would rinse off the poo if necessary, and throw them in
with the rest of the whites as above. As a matter of fact, the manufacturers
of Napisan say you can just rinse after soaking, but it was easier for me to
throw them in with the rest of the wash.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc