Old January 24th 04, 02:24 PM
0tterbot

Default washing cloth diapers? - Chinese prefolds

"-L." wrote in message
m...
Hi All,

For those of you who wash cloth- what method do you use?

I have the method from weebees.com, but it seems like it calls for an
awful lot of cycles.

i am certain some people make washing nappies into something absurdly
complicated. no idea why.

I have purchased Chinese prefolds from weebees
and want to identify the best method for keeping them in good shape -
I'd like to use them for multiple babies. This will be a newborn if
that makes any difference.

TIA for any info!!

no idea what chinese prefolds are, but i soaked the nappies in a bucket with
soaker stuff until the bucket was full, then did an ordinary warm wash cycle
(just of nappies, nothing else). baby #2 didn't stay in cloth nappies too
long (eczema) but his poos were much more liquidy than baby #1, & sometimes
"shadows" stayed on the cloth, but after being dried in the sun, there was
no problem. soaker solution's not even needed for wet nappies, a quick rinse
will do, but i quickly worked out it was easier (for me) to just add them
all together & do a nappies-only load.

i still have many of the nappies after 8 years - after being used on bottoms
& for protecting against spit-up on shoulders & the other many & varied uses
you'll find for these wonderful objects, i've found the thickest brand i got
are still in good shape whereas the thinnest brand are frayed at the edges &
a bit too thin to be used as nappies on bottoms - so i'd recommend anyone to
buy a thick good-quality brand from the get-go. they're good for years after
for wiping up big spills & millions of other things.

using a dryer wears fabric much faster.
kylie
--
www.rdj.com.au