Old January 24th 04, 05:25 PM
-L.

Default washing cloth diapers? - Chinese prefolds

Chookie wrote in message ...
In article ,
(-L.) wrote:

For those of you who wash cloth- what method do you use?

I am not sure what fabric your nappies are made from; here, they're made from
cotton terry-towelling.

I used to put the wet nappies in with the rest of my whites on a normal cycle
with ordinary washing powder. Hung them in the sunshine to dry.

The dirty ones were scraped, then soaked in Napisan (sodium perborate) bleach
overnight. Then I would rinse off the poo if necessary, and throw them in
with the rest of the whites as above. As a matter of fact, the manufacturers
of Napisan say you can just rinse after soaking, but it was easier for me to
throw them in with the rest of the wash.

Thanks to all who replied (and will reply). These diapers are 100%
cotton, 4X8X4 Chinese prefolds. Seems that weebees method is overkill
- they wash poopy diapers 1X in cold, then add peed dipes, and wash
twice - once in warm, once in hot - all with washing soda and
detergent. But they don't soak the pooped ones, so that may be why.
Interesting how there are so many methods out there!

Thanks again!

-L.